DAILY SCHEDULE FOR RESIDENTS
These schedules represent a general weekly schedule, but are subject to change. At House of Hope Kansas City, you will have many opportunities to participate in special events, to meet special visitors and to visit unique places.
GENERAL WEEKDAY SCHEDULE
A.M. SCHEDULE MONDAY-FRIDAY
SCHOOL SCHEDULE MONDAY-FRIDAY
House of Hope Kansas City reserves the right to adjust schedules seasonally and for special events.
RECREATIONAL AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Physical Fitness and Recreational activities are a vital component of House of Hope. It is our policy to provide daily activities to develop fitness and/or provide recreation.
- HOHKC will solicit volunteer aerobics instructors to come into the house and provide aerobics.
- HOHKC provides fitness/exercise tapes, which are used on a daily basis.
- HOHKC has residents take walks and runs, if weather is permitting and if resident is physically able.
- HOHKC seeks volunteers who provide lessons in recreational activities, i.e. tennis, basketball, volleyball, pool, yoga, and others as requested by residents or staff.
- HOHKC seeks volunteers who bring extra-curricular activities to the residents, such as art classes, music lessons and other creative outlets.
- HOHKC provides life-skill training such as cooking, budgeting, healthy eating —through the Harvesters Teen Eats Program as well as other programs.
It is the policy of HOHKC to ensure that residents are safe while participating in recreational activities.
- Appropriate shoes and clothing will be required.
- Staff will supervise all recreational and extra-curricular activities.
- If a medical condition exists in which physical activity would be harmful, the resident will be excused from activity, providing a doctor’s orders are submitted.
- If in doubt of resident’s physical condition, House of Hope Kansas City will act on the side of caution and request that resident does not participate in the activity.
- Adequate water will be provided before, during, and after activity.
- HOHKC will adhere to any other safety recommendations made by regulating authorities.
- Any outdoor play area used for recreation shall be free of physical hazards including bodies of water, ravines and drainage ditches.