“My daughter’s House of Hope experience was nothing short of a miracle. She was lost and had reached the point where everything suffered – her school, home and spiritual life. House of Hope’s disciplined program reconnected my daughter to everything – my wife and me, her siblings and God, a new attitude.” – Former Resident Parent
For residential treatment, we welcome teenage girls with emotional and behavioral problems, including defiance, disrespect of authority, anger issues, anxiety, depression, self-harm, suicidal ideation, drug or alcohol abuse, lying, stealing, social issues, academic problems, expulsion from school, and issues relating to past trauma. We offer assistance to families with teenagers who have lost respect for authority and no longer accept guidance from parents or teachers. We help teens that reject adult influence in their lives, and are lacking emotional development and maturity. Many of the girls in our care were adopted and are having related attachment issues in their teenage years.
- Initial contact — fill in the INQUIRY FORM
- Phone interview
- Face-to-face intake interview
- HOH decision made about acceptance of the teenager into the program
- Parents complete application materials, as well as obtain and provide school, medical, and dental records
- Intake date set – all application materials reviewed by staff with parents and teenager admitted into program
- Girls, ages 13 through 17
- Emotional, psychological, educational or behavioral issues (or all of these)
- No history of same sex predatory practices
- No history of physical violence or arson
- No severe psychotic issues or mental impediments
- Must attend regular counseling sessions (may do so online).
- Must follow the guidelines of the House of Hope Kansas City Parent Handbook
READY TO GET STARTED?
Please give us a call at (913) 262-8885 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
HELPING YOU, EVERY STEP
Our staff will guide you and your teenager through the admission process and program rules. >We will walk with you every step of the way. You are a critical component of a positive outcome. Your involvement is fundamental in how this group home model is designed to achieve success.
You can literally rest assured knowing your daughter is tucked in bed in a safe, family-style environment while staff, counselors, and teachers work with you and your daughter on rebuilding relationships, trust, and respect.