“My daughter’s House of Hope experience was nothing short of a miracle. She was lost and had reached the point where everything suffered – her school, home and spiritual life. House of Hope’s disciplined program reconnected my daughter to everything – my wife and me, her siblings and God, a new attitude.” – Former Resident Parent
For residential treatment, we welcome teenage girls with emotional and behavioral problems, including defiance, disrespect of authority, anger issues, anxiety, depression, self-harm, suicidal ideation, drug or alcohol abuse, lying, stealing, social issues, academic problems, expulsion from school, and issues relating to past trauma. We offer assistance to families with teenagers who have lost respect for authority and no longer accept guidance from parents or teachers. We help teens that reject adult influence in their lives, and are lacking emotional development and maturity or have no care about their future. Many of the girls in our care were adopted or abused and are having related attachment and anxiety issues in their teenage years.
Our 2020 Tuition Rate
Our tuition rate for 2020 is $5,000/mo. Monthly Tuition includes all expenses for Hope Academy, counseling for residents and parents, parenting classes, room and board (food, etc.), transportation, and activities. Please note that this rate is significantly less than other therapeutic boarding schools because we are a nonprofit. Scholarships are available for those who qualify. An income worksheet must be completed to determine eligibility. (There is also a registration fee of $750 that covers intake evaluation, uniforms, and supplies.)
Start the Intake Process
- Initial contact — to get started call us or fill in the INQUIRY FORM
- Phone interview — we will schedule a time to talk
- Comprehensive intake interview (if things progress, we will want to have a more in-depth discussion)
- HOH staff decision made about acceptance of the teenager into the program
- Parents complete Application materials, as well as obtain and provide school, medical, and dental records
- Intake date set – all application materials reviewed by staff before teenager is admitted into program
- We accept girls, ages 13 through 17
- Girl must have emotional, psychological, educational or behavioral issues (or all of these)
- No history of same-sex predatory practices
- No history of extreme physical violence or arson
- No severe psychotic issues or mental impediments
- Must attend periodic family counseling sessions with our team (may do so remotely with our online option).
- Must follow the guidelines of the House of Hope Kansas City Parent Handbook.
- As a part of parental involvement, we have mandatory practice weekends, where parents are required to pick up their daughter for the weekend and spend time together practicing the skills and strategies that are learned in counseling.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Please give us a call at (913) 262-8885 or email us at email@example.com to learn more.
HELPING YOU, EVERY STEP
Our staff will guide you and your teenager through the admission process and program rules. We will walk with you every step of the way. You are a critical component of a positive outcome. Your involvement throughout the time your girl is here is fundamental to your girl’s success.
You can literally rest assured knowing your daughter is tucked in bed in a safe, family-style environment while staff, counselors, and teachers work with you and your daughter on changing attitudes and rebuilding relationships, trust, and respect.